Saturday, February 28, 2009

Meet the Republican Rapper

Since the musician life seems to be an extension of liberal philosophy, I'm always curious about the phenomena of right-wing musicians. I've marveled at the Junkyard Prophets trying to turn Rage Against the Machine's formula of heavy rap-rock against them. I wish I were objective enough to evaluate their stuff on it's own merits, to me they sound devoid of any real fire or the edge that the genre is usually about, but in the meantime, interesting study.

Here's the only republican rapper. The Eminem of the right-wing, so to speak, though he talks in deliberate eubonics. This guy's fascinating, if just because he says his world was changed by listening to talk radio for ten minutes, but his own rhymes contain very little of that roaring bluster.

No comments: